Monday, November 12, 2012

Our Weekend in a Nutshell: Christmas Trees, Birthday Parties and Some Mud

I have to laugh because this picture was probably one of the most liked photos I have ever put on Instagram.


I guess people are just in the holiday spirit a lot earlier this year because typically, pictures like this get a bunch of comments from all the angry Pilgrims out there. I mean I get it...a lot of people like to celebrate one holiday at a time. But for me, Christmas is my FAVORITE time of year and I feel like the whole season just goes by way too fast. I like to enjoy the holiday for as long as I can...and so do the kids :-)

As of right now, we only have our family room tree up and the smaller trees in the kids bedrooms. But with any luck and some SERIOUS motivation, I will get the rest of our decor up throughout the week. That is, unless we continue to get a bunch of holidays orders in at ThePolkaDotPosie!!


We filled a lot of orders this weekend with more waiting to be shipped. My mom and I are so thankful for our fabulous business and all the great customers we've met this year :-)

So aside from filling orders, setting up Christmas trees and doing some house cleaning...we had a pretty laid back weekend. 

We did get to go to a birthday party on Saturday and it was a lot of fun for the kids. My cousin Krissy's twins turned THREE this weekend. Aren't they precious?


Their party was at the gym and I have come to the conclusion that it's the perfect place to celebrate a birthday. The kids run wild in a contained space and we can all just stand around and watch them. No chasing necessary :-)

It was a great time.

And speaking of kids running wild in a contained space...

Before our birthday party on Saturday, Eric joined my two brothers and their friends for a little mudding trip. I have never really understood what they do out there, but after watching countless videos and seeing pictures like these...




I have a better idea now. Ha! Boys will be boys!!

So how was everyone else's weekend? I realized today that this was maybe the LAST of our laid back weekends for a while. The holidays are in full effect starting this weekend with our first of two Thanksgiving dinners. Whew!! I better run every single day this week :-)

4 comments:

  1. Omg those pics of the mud give me hives. I HATE dirt and mud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of Addie! :-) And I LOL'd at your angry Pilgrim comment! Hahah! I love you Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. John is the king of Christmas in our house. It was never a huge deal in my house growing up. I'm so glad John has changed my outlook. And of course the boys bring a whole new meaning to the holidays. However, Thanksgiving is still my fav so no Christmas decor in our house until the day after ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I hate to say this, but I am afraid I am one of your "angry Pilgrims"! I want to make sure that Thanksgiving gets its own little time in there too! But, I do get why a lot of people put up their Christmas stuff early. And as for you, I know that you spend time thinking of all the things you are thankful for every year so I shall spare you the "angry Pilgim" speech and let you move on in your Christmas joy!

    Cute picture of Addie by the way, and I LOVE your Christmas tree decor!

    ReplyDelete