Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Stop & Smell the Roses: Thanksgiving Edition

Happy Wednesday Friends!!! I know it's been a while since I last vlogged with Mandy for...

Stop and Smell the <b style=

I've been texting her week after week saying, "Okay...I SWEAR I am going to film a vlog next week" and then the week goes by and I am texting her again with an apology. The truth is I am just a slacker when it comes to filming a video. I'm just not good at it. But because next week is Thanksgiving and I have SO MUCH to be thankful for, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to get back in the game.  

As I say in my vlog, I could spend an hour listing all of the blessings in my life...and I have pretty much done that over and over again the last few weeks on some form of social media :-)

So, since I have all that covered, I thought I would share just ONE thing I am especially thankful for this year. This one thing was announced on SASTR many many months ago...can you guess what it is?


If you made it through that crazy long, unedited video, I applaud you friends. It was even hard for me to get through. Ha! But I really feel so blessed to have this successful business with my Mom and I just want to do all I can to help other small businesses feel the same way that all of you have made us feel this year :-)

So as promised, here are some links to the businesses I mentioned in my video. Be sure to check them out and see what they have to offer this holiday season:

ThePolkaDotPosie {Accessories, Gifts & Digital Crafting}
Ashley's shop Delightfully Adorable Designs {Hair Accessories & Boards}
The Twinery {Baker's Twine}
Pour Olive {Artisanal Oils & Vinegars} Call to place order.
Bridier Baubles {Jewelry}
Something About Silver {Hand-stamped Jewelry}
Maja Boutique {Custom T-shirts}
A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That {Handmade Costumes & Accessories}



8 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you and your mama!! I remember when you were all worried about starting the business...I knew all along you two would be so so successful! :) I keep meaning to tell you that I have been using my camera bag as a purse and someone at church said "Oh my gosh I love this. Where did you get it because I just saw two other people with the exact same bag here at church?" I was like...."This EXACT bag? Are you sure because my friend Jen makes these?" She was CERTAIN it was the same bag! Maybe there were some people from my church shopping The PolkaDot Posie! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and now I am off to buy a zipper pouch from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First- loving the shop! I'll have to do some Christmas shopping there. I am totally with you on the idea of shopping local, keep those small businesses going! Cheers for the informative vlog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome for your success at your shop!! Wish I could work close alongside my mama too:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has it really been almost a year?! I remember watching that vlog and ordering within the next week because I was so excited... :) Everytime I wear my necklace I think of you and I am SO proud Jen! So proud to call you a friend! You and your momma... And okay, for real, now I'm headed over to your shop to order some goodies - your momma should start making scarves because I'd buy y'all right out!

    Have a wonderful night Jen. :) Lots of love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you and your mom about your first business Christmas! It is a lot of work, but always worth it because you know that someone will have a huge smile on their face when they open a gift. (Hopefully one of those people will be me when I open a polka dot posie necklace on Christmas morning!) Just thinking that every time I pack something up for my husband during the Christmas season makes it not seem like there is so much. My husband owns Nathan's Clearance Outlet. Something I just thought of when I was watching your video is that I love how excited you were this past summer about my wedding. I loved that you were sharing my joy as I was sharing my excitement leading up to July 21st. Thank you for being so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I’ve heard a lot about the Polka Dot Posie but I haven’t actually checked it out until now (good thing you decided to join in on S&STHR!) (good for me I mean!). I definitely think a Key Fob Key Chain and Zipper Pouches will soon be mine! Congrats on your growing business!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Jen! I love that you have this shop with your Mom. I hope you have successful Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete