Friday, December 28, 2012

Health & Fitness Friday: 31 Day Challenge for Getting Back in the Habit

Happy Friday everyone!!!


This is the LAST Health & Fitness Friday post before the New Year!!! Can you believe it??!

I know I made a lot of promises that I was going to come up with some BIG creative challenge for all of us this new year, but when I sat down and thought about what really works for me when I've completely fallen off the wagon with anything in my life...I realized that getting back in a habit is the first, most IMPORTANT step of all. And for me...to get back in the habit with anything (exercising, eating healthy, etc), I need to go balls out and make it a part of my DAILY routine...at least long enough until I can trust myself again. Ha!

Fitness

So guys...the big challenge I have for all of you this January is another 31 Day Daily Workout Challenge, which basically means that you commit to exercising every single day for the entire month. This was the concept behind our Operation Look Good Naked (LGN) group back in August and everyone did FANTASTIC that month. We were all checking in, motivating each other, sharing recipes, etc. Some ladies in that group are still working hard and making an effort to check in but I want ALL of us back on board. So, I will be posting my weekly workout list every Friday on my blog, but if you would like to be a part of the daily community on Facebook, just email me and I will add you to the group :-)

I will also be getting back to posting my weekly Recipe and Workout. I actually went in search of a new workout today and came across my favorite girls over at Tone it Up and what do you know...they have their own New Years Workout Challenge!!! 

Love-Your-Body-Challenge-Tone-It-Up-ToneItUp-LoveYourBody

Their challenge is actually a 6 week challenge that leads you right up to Valentine's Day. They will be sharing new workouts, videos, nutrition tips and more and I thought it was something that would be great to follow this month!!

As much as I love my Tone it Up girls and DVD workouts at home...I am SERIOUSLY missing running. I say this all the time but I really need a date with my treadmill. We need to reconnect and spark a new relationship because I am afraid that no matter how hard I try to be a winter runner...I'm just not there yet. So in the meantime I will jog away like a hamster and do my workouts in front of the TV. And because I want to be accountable for what I've accomplished, I am going to start my workout log again. My girl Anna is SO AMAZING at keeping a workout log and she swears it makes a difference for her.

Health

Here are my health goals for 2013.

* Drink WAY more water.
* Take a multi-vitamin every day.
* Continue to work on eating cleaner.
* Drink less wine. I KNOW!! But seriously...I was bad over the holidays.
* Make more meals at home and stay AWAY from fast food.

Also, I want to be better about routine check-ups and physicals. My little cancer scare this year has changed me. I realize how important it is to take care of our bodies in every way possible...and that means scheduling yearly check-ups and exams...even if they scare us sometimes :-)

Operation LGN: 31 Day Challenge
Round 2

Well I hope everyone had the chance to write down some of their Health & Fitness goals for 2013 because now is the time to link up and share them!! Also, be sure and let me know if you want to join in on the Operation LGN: 31 Day Fitness Challenge (Round 2). There is already a great group of ladies in this group that I KNOW will help motivate you.

6 comments:

  1. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!?!? Am I really the first to link up and comment.....That's never happened before! I am SO looking forward to another 31 day challenge because I sure need to kick it into high gear! If I want to meet my goal of 199 or less I still have over 50 lbs to lose...so 2013 better be ready for me because I have some serious ass to kick! Good thing its not 2013 yet though since I totally failed my goal of being in bed by 11:30 tonight..... :-) Good thing tomorrow is a new day and I still have 3 more days to work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be added to the 31 day challenge Facebook group! I'm a runner, but that's it. I really need to tone up the rest of my body! kristendc82@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gained 4 lbs this month. Unacceptable. I'll definitely be on board again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jen! This is my first time here! I don't know that I can commit to 31 days...baby steps, since I'm just trying to get started back in a fitness routine. I do look forward to the motivation that you guys will be providing though! Linking up and new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am actually looking forward to starting to workout again. I fell off the workout wagon somewhere this year and I need to get back on it. Somehow facebook kicked me out of the LGN group so could you send me an invitation to join again. I can't find the group. I am going to start C25K when it gets warmer because I have always wanted to run a 5K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want in! on all of it!! barnes.kelly.a@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete