Friday, December 14, 2012

Health & Fitness Friday: That Damn Flu


In case any of you were starting to wonder...I'M ALIVE!!! I don't remember the last time I took almost a week off from blogging but I needed it friends. It has been a ROUGH week around the Davis household. It seems like we have caught one bug after another these past few weeks but this last one really kicked our asses. Eric was hit the worst, of course. 

And poor Blake was right behind him.

I got hit pretty hard too but you know how it goes...there are no sick days for Mommies! I had to will myself better and today I actually started feeling like myself again. I even showered!! Woohoo! But that was only because I had to go have my procedure done today (Which went great. Results will come back later).

So...I think it's obvious that I was anything but a vision of Health & Fitness this week. No workouts to report (except a 3.5 mile run on Sunday before I got sick) and there was no "healthy eating" going on around here because we've lived off soup and crackers the last 4 days.

But I realize now what Emily meant in The Devil Wears Prada when she said that she was just one stomach flu away from her goal weight! I have to wear my little red dress for a wedding this weekend and after this week's events...I fit into like a glove. Boom!

But at the same time, I'm sad I went ANOTHER week without exercising much. I am starting to wonder if my lack of exercising and eating healthy is what made me vulnerable to this flu bug in the first place!!! I mean, when you look up all the ways to prevent the flu, Exercising, Eating Right and Getting Plenty of Rest are at the top of the list. I haven't been doing any of those things and now look...sick as a dog this week.

So I think for the sake of our health the rest of this winter, we all need to be more conscious of all of these things. And also...I need to fumigate my house.

Does anyone else want to literally scrub every inch of their house with disinfectant after the sickies? I feel like everything is contaminated. Instead of a traditional workout tomorrow, I think I am going to follow this De-Germ Your House plan and burn my calories cleaning this place from top to bottom. And I don't even care that it's going to be 47 degrees tomorrow...these windows are getting opened for a bit. 

So...enough about me and the flu bugs. How was everyone else's week? Is everyone already starting to prepare their resolutions and goals for 2013? I can't believe there are only 2 more Health & Fitness Fridays before the new year!!! I better get writing mine down now. Maybe on the 28th we can ALL share our 2013 goals!! I believe Anna may be working on a fabulous challenge for January as well. I don't know about you...but I love all the renewed motivation that seems to come naturally with a new year. Lord knows I need it :-)

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better! I hate being sick but like you said I don't mind dropping a few pounds because of it :) I've been working on my 2013 goals too! Looking forward to the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you are finally starting to feel better! I'm hoping that we avoid the sickies for the most part this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Im a new follower thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete