Sunday, January 27, 2013

Our Weekend in a Nutshell: Disney on Ice, A Going Away Party and Bouncy House Overload

What. A. Weekend. 

I honestly don't remember the last time I was this tired. But at least it's for good reason. We had a marathon of fun the last 3 days.

It all started on Friday when Nana surprised us with tickets to Disney on Ice!!!


We saw the Rockin' Ever After show and it was AWESOME!!! Both kids were mesmerized the entire show and when it was over, Blake just kept shouting "AGAIN!" And of course...Addie's new career choice is a Disney on Ice skater :-)


Thanks SO MUCH for the awesome treat Nana!!! We had the best time :-) Except now I totally want to book a trip to Disney. Ha!

After our show, Addie got to come home for a little rest and then it was off to Mima's house for a cousins sleepover with Nia! I told you...this girl LIVES for sleepovers :-)

On Saturday, we picked Addie up bright and early and headed off to a bouncy house birthday party for our neighbor Ryan!!! The kids had a blast and Blake may have found himself a new little girlfriend. She was SO CUTE!


After the bouncy party, the kids were pretty beat and for the first time in almost 2 weeks...Blake took an afternoon nap. PRAISE THE LORD!!! The boy needed some sleep, especially since I was hosting a Going Away party for my cousin Jill (or Jilly as the kids call her :-)

My cousin Jill and I have always been close, but over the last few years she has also built a wonderful relationship with Addie and Blake. She has became our one and only babysitter (besides the grandmas and grandpas) and the kids just LOVE her to pieces. 

Well, we found out about a month ago that Jill's longtime boyfriend got a job offer in Colorado and he asked her to come with him. She of course agreed and the two of them are just a week away from starting their new life together in Denver. I am SO SO HAPPY for both of them, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was sad to see her go. The kids and I will miss her so much, but at least we have a fabulous place to visit now :-)

Good luck on your new adventure Jilly Bean!! And make sure you tell Ben I said he better put a ring on it. Ha! xoxo


I was really hoping that the 4 glasses of wine I drank the night of Jill's party would knock me out and give me a good nights sleep and they probably would have...you know...if my kids wouldn't have been up ALL NIGHT! Seriously. They were just too wired from all the fun. And it didn't stop there!

If you can believe it...Addie had ANOTHER bouncy house party today!! Same place, different friend. It was a good thing some of my other mommy friends were there to chat with or I might have passed out in one of the jumpies. It was a great party though and Addie loved being with all her preschool friends :-)

So here I sit tonight...in a semi-clean house with the fireplace warming the family room. My schoolwork is done, the kids are almost asleep in their beds and I have a big bowl of ice-cream waiting for me. And I better enjoy it because I just bet $25 that I could lose these pesky 5 holiday pounds in the month of February. YIKES!!! But more about that on Fitness Friday.

Well I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! I'll be back tomorrow with an exciting giveaway from Origami Owl.

Photo: Valentina's Day is coming up!! Order now to make sure you receive it in time! Ladies...if you want a locket for V-day from your significant other simply create a "wish list" for him, then give him my email address o2ashleyhunt@gmail.com and I'd be happy to help him pick the perfect gift for you!!

Stay tuned!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a busy weekend! Yes, please come to Disney. It's less than an hour from me ;)

    ReplyDelete