Is anyone else having a MAJOR case of the winter blues this month? I have always loved living in the midwest and I would never want to live in a place that doesn't get to experience all 4 seasons. Believe it or not, I do love winter...but only for the months of December and January IF WE HAVE SNOW TO PLAY IN!!
But we don't.
We haven't had good snowman-making-snow for almost two years. I also have 4 saucer sleds in my basement that still have the price stickers on them from TWO christmases ago. I also have brand new snow boots for the kids with tags still on them in closet. I mean really Old Man Winter...what gives?
I know many of you would gladly give us the snow you have right now and I am sure that just by typing these words, Chicago will get hit with a blizzard this week. But I would take an awesome blizzard over the freezing cold and ice we have right now. Did I mention that I slipped in the parking lot at Addie's dance studio yesterday? I did a full on superman (with several witnesses) and when I finally regained my balance I shouted:
THAT'S IT! I'm ready for Spring!
I am still feeling that way today, so I decided to spend the better part of my morning searching for Great Lakes Beach Campgrounds. Camping season is still a few months away and we are all really, REALLY missing our home away from home.
I could spend the next 20 minutes listing off ALL the things I miss about Spring, but instead...I want to try and be positive and talk about the things I do love about winter. So here goes:
* Relaxing and playing games by our cozy fireplace.
* Playing in the snow (when we actually have some).
* Celebrating the winter holidays like Christmas and VALENTINE'S DAY!! I just got Addie this little dress from Old Navy (when they had their amazing 40% off coupon) for her Valentine's Day party and it is even cuter in person!
* Organizing the shit out of my house. It really is the one and only thing I love about January. Here is my latest Organizational book purchase :-)
* Cooking and baking. I mean...there is nothing else to do!! And when you are friends with the author of fabulous cookbooks like this...
You can't help but try out some new treats!! I have all the ingredients for some of Carol's best recipes and Addie and I will be doing some mad marshmallow making this weekend :-)
And finally...the thing I love MOST about winter is a FRESH START! New goals, new plans, new projects, new adventures :-)
So...what do all of you love about winter?? Anyone..............anyone.............Bueller?