Monday, February 4, 2013

5 Fabulous Valentine's Day Printables

Valentine's Day is right around the corner my friends, which means it's time to start planning all the sweet treats and goodies we want to give the people we love! 

And of course, let's not forget about all those class parties coming up. What I've come to realize in only 2 short years of preschool is that the kids could really care less what is on the Valentine's cards they get from their friends...they just want to get to the good stuff (like candy, stickers, magnets, whatever).

Right now, my kids are obsessed with marshmallows, especially Peeps, so when I saw they had strawberry hearts for Valentine's Day this year I was sold! And of course, it sparked an idea for some really fun classroom treats!


Putting together these "Happy Valentine's Day From Your Peep" treats are super simple and SUPER CHEAP!! Here's what you need:


You can find these packages of Peeps pretty cheap right now and the small treat bags come in sets of 50 and 100 at Michael's and JoAnn's (both stores always have a 40% off one item coupon too). As for the Valentine's Cards, just pick up a pack of card stock and download my FREE printable!!! One sheet will print 6 cards and I tried to take it easy on the ink :-)

Addie is insisting on writing out ALL of her cards herself so I made sure there was plenty of space for names :-) These are fairly basic cards so they could work for a boy or girl. Again...all the kids really care about is the candy anyway. Ha!

And of course, let's not forget about the teachers!! We made these last year for Addie's teachers (I have "The World Needs S'more Teachers Like You" tags available here) and they were a HUGE hit!!! Obviously, you can make them for special friends too :-)


Now, while we are on the subject of school, if you are in charge of a class party and have been struggling to find a fun Valentine-themed game...then you are in luck!!! Last year I made this BINGO game for Addie's class and it was a huge hit!!


Several other people told me that they just downloaded a few cards to play at home. I made each file individual so you can print as many as you need!! You can find my BINGO file here.

And finally, if you are in charge of other treat bags, cupcakes, etc, I made some simple "Happy Valentine's Day" 2" circle printables as well. Last year we tied ours around party bags :-)


Okay...I know this Valentine's post is on KID OVERLOAD right now...so I have something fun for just the grownups.

I have really been loving subway art and just couldn't help but make my own for Valentine's Day. I strayed away from the traditional a bit and found inspiration in a band I just can't get enough of lately...The Lumineers. 


In case you haven't heard of this band, or the song that inspired this, listen here:



Now I DARE you not to sing the song every time you read the printable. Ha! Eric and I and the kids sing this song all the time to each other (clearly just the chorus makes sense to us but still). I love it and I LOVE THE LUMINEERS!!!!

Like I said friends...you just hit the mother load of Valentine's printables so I really hope either some or ALL of them will work for you this year.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Valentine's Day from ThePolkaDotPosie Printable Shop!

Linking up with AP for:


i love you more than carrots

And Mandy for:

House of Rose

9 comments:

  1. Love these!! Thanks for sharing!

    Kate @ Raising the Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! I definitely need to make the peep treats this year! You are so creative it's sickening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for all the printables Jen! The kids and I sing Hey Ho all the time in the car...trying to convince my sister to use it at her wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the packets for presents!
    Your blog is fantastic, I follow you and would love if you would follow me!
    http://www.blogpersonalstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! Subway art was printed and now sits on my mantle:). I always wrap those frames for Christmas and after you shared I unwrapped them (finally..it is February!) only to discover Halloween pics underneath. Wow am I ever behind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! I will use the Peeps one for sure Jen. You truly rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great ideas....and I also love that song! thanks for sharing, you are so talanted!
    xo E

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH how adorable! I just love the S'more one! Love it. What cute ideas. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. PEEPS!! S'MORES!! I need one or both of these immediately. Darling printables as usual! xo

    ReplyDelete