Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Addie's SWEET Birthday Party!

It's not even this chick's birthday yet and she has already been celebrating for 4 straight days! It's not a birthday-DAY...it's a birth-WEEK around here! And it all started with one fabulous weekend.


For almost 2 months I went back and forth with the idea of having just a small girls-only kid party for Addie's birthday this year. She kept saying she wanted a slumber party (you know the girl lives for sleepovers) and I was almost sold on the idea, until I heard Nolan say that he couldn't wait for Addie's party. He looked at me with those big brown eyes and said, "Are we gonna have cake?!!"


The fact is...it's not a party around here if there aren't 19 kids running wild shoving cupcakes in their mouths. Addie loves the boys in her life just as much as the girls and I wasn't ready to exclude anyone yet. So I went in search of a party location that could entertain all 19 kids (and their parents) and I found the perfect Children's Museum. My cousin Kris had Gracie's party there a few years ago and I remember Addie and Blake had an awesome time. At this museum, you can actually rent the whole place out and have it to yourself for the duration of the party.

It. Was. AWESOME!!!!! Here are just a few of my favorite pictures of the kids playing and doing crafts.
















I really think the kids had a blast running from one activity to the next, and I am pretty sure some of the adults had just as much fun as the kids (right Scott? Ha!)


This is one of my favorite pictures from the party. I love these kiddos.


After running wild for a good hour and a half, it was time for cake and candy. Addie INSISTED on having a candy themed birthday party so I made her this invitation (which is now for sale in our shop):


And put together some really fun candy party favors:



Addie was also very specific about the cupcakes she wanted to have. She wanted them to match the cupcakes on her invite so sprinkles and cherries it was! She did help me bake them.


And decorate them.

Sorta...


In the end I think they turned out really cute!


And speaking of CUTE!!!!! Aunt Dana could not resist making Addie this special candy cake. The kids went crazy over it. Such a cute idea :-)


One of my favorite memories from Addie's party was when we sang her "Happy Birthday". The smile on her face was priceless and in between flips of her hair, she would wave at each of her friends. She was precious and I am so happy we have all that on video :-)


After cupcakes, Addie was SPOILED ROTTEN by all her friends and family. Mima and Papa Steve got Addie her sweet new princess bike!!


And Nana and Papa got her a new American Girl doll!


It's obvious that everyone know's the way to Addie's heart because we went home with a car full of Barbies, clothes, swimsuits (and beach gear), crafts, jewelry and games. We are SO BLESSED to have so many generous friends and family :-)


It really was a fantastic party and I hope everyone had as much fun as we did :-)

And the fun doesn't stop there!!! LOTS more celebrating to come this week and Addie isn't letting anyone forget that her REAL birthday is Thursday. Stay tuned for more cuteness overload...

2 comments:

  1. Awww! This was precious! I'm so glad Addie enjoyed her party - the museum idea was fabulous! What a clever (and educational...HOLLA!) place to have a party! :)

    Your mini me was so precious (I love her face in the cake photo) and your cupcakes turned out fab, Twinnie!

    xoxo
    P.S. thats my fav outfit of yours - I'm even more a fan of it since you added the mustard cardi. Rock on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is a girl after my own heart...I'll be turning 28 in a few months and would like nothing more than a candy-themed party. With lots of candy. All for me. Plus, she is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete