Friday, March 29, 2013

Health & Fitness Friday: April Goals


Can you believe this is the last H&FF in March? HOW is it almost April?! This year is flying by, but it's exciting to see so many of us still working towards our health and fitness goals for the year! 

I read somewhere that almost 90% of people who set health or fitness related New Years Resolutions have given up by the month of April. BUT...in the same article, I read that April is the second biggest fitness boom (next to January) because people realize, "Oh crap...it's almost bathing suit season!"

So where are all of you in those percentages? Have you been going strong or trying super hard to recommit? Or better yet...what are your health and fitness goals for April?

I've decided to set 4 goals for myself this month:

1. Be outside as much as possible.

2. Set a Nike+ goal to run 50 miles this month.

3. Do more yoga.

3. Eat at home 5-6 nights a week.

We've been doing pretty great with eating at home lately. We've had a lot of parties to go to this month and those have been some really nice cooking breaks. But the rest of the time, I've still been planning meals at home and dare I say...I'm actually enjoying it?? I can't say that I LOVE to cook...but I have been enjoying trying new recipes. Not all of them have been healthy (hello cheeseburger soup) but at least they were homemade!!

Here is our menu for this week, starting today:

FRIDAY: Homemade pizza and salad
SATURDAY: Pioneer Woman Patty Melts (so bad, but SO good)
SUNDAY: Easter brunch & Dinner!
MONDAY: Easter leftovers...there's sure to be plenty
TUESDAY: Crockpot Chicken Tacos 
(toss frozen chicken, taco seasoning and a can of Rotel in your crockpot and shred when done. SO EASY!)
WEDNESDAY: Spaghetti and Meatballs
THURSDAY: BBQ chicken on the grill

As for my other FITNESS goals this month...I am really banking on nice weather. I want to be outside with the kids as much as possible. Taking walks, riding bikes, playing out back, doing some much-needed yard work. We need the vitamin D and FRESH AIR!! Yesterday was our first taste of that and it felt wonderful!



I also want to continue to kick it up a notch with running. I know it will be easier now that the weather is finally transitioning to Spring so I am going to set a Nike+ goal to run 50 miles this month. Any other runners wanna commit to the same and we can check in with each other?!

I also want to do more yoga this month. I have been loving it so much lately and I just bought Rodney Yee's Daily Yoga DVD and I've been trying some different workouts OnDemand. I would love to sign up for another class once Eric is off his crazy schedule but for now, doing these routines at home has been working out great, especially since I have my little Yogi Master to keep me company and show me how to do the moves :-)


So what are some of your goals for the month of April?

4 comments:

  1. I love those pictures of Blake doing Yoga. I need to set some goals too. I'll have to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little yogi master is awesome!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, what a cute little yogi master! And I agree totally....HOW is it almost APRIL???
    Good grief, can't someone figure out how to pause time, just for a little while?
    My goal for April is consistency. I think I need to apply that to almost every area of my life!
    Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Namaste Blake :) I never thought about April being a big month for goals but it's SO TRUE! I think the nicer weather gives everyone a nice kick in the pants. My April goals are just to keep cruising along. Later this summer it's back to business as usual ;)

    ReplyDelete