Friday, April 26, 2013

Health & Fitness Friday: Some Special Shout Outs

Happy Friday Friends!


I hope you'll all forgive me if today's Health & Fitness Friday is short and sweet. My workout this week has consisted of about 1,267 trips up and down my basement stairs preparing for what will hopefully be our LAST garage sale until the kids are in high school. WHEW!

But I couldn't let this week go by without giving some shout outs to few ladies who deserve a very enthusiastic WOOHOO!!!!

First up...my lovely buddy Steph who has hit a MAJOR weightloss goal this week!!! I am sure she is doing her own post for today so I won't spoil the fun...but please head on over and give her a big congrats...this girl has been working SO HARD!

Next up, my twinnie Amanda who ran a very successful 5K this week and managed to get herself a new Personal Record!! Amanda and I are planning to run the Monster Dash Half Marathon together this October and because she is totally badass and doesn't like to waste time, she has already started her half marathon training. I guess I better get my bootie in gear too!


 And finally, my girl Jen from Boys Will be Boys, who finished yet another Mud Endeavor race this week with her hubby. She has truly become the vision of Health & Fitness lately with all of her clean eating and kickass workouts. In addition to that, Jen has been busy spreading her motivation around and even took the time to send me the SWEETEST little gift this week. I can't wait to wear it :-)



As I said above, I have been pretty busy this week and my workouts have kinda suffered because of it. I did get in two runs last weekend, the first of which was a 6-miler that I dedicated to Boston and my hometown, which has been recovering from some serious flood damage this week.


Aside from those two runs last weekend and a few short yoga sessions to stretch, I have done NADA this week...unless going up and down my stairs 1,000 times counts. But I do have a 5K this Saturday that I am really looking forward to. I haven't run a 5K for time in a while and I am hoping I can really kick some butt and get a PR. We will see!!

Because our week has been so crazy, meal planning and cooking have once again gone out the window. As frustrated as that makes me, we have done SO good this year and I am actually excited about getting things back to normal this week so I can try some new recipes. I also made a late night impulse purchase on Groupon and signed up for emeals, which so far looks like the best $2.50 I will ever spend a month!! The Groupon is still going on so be sure to check it out. I will report back next week after I have tried some recipes and given my app a test run :-)

Well that's all I have for today friends!! I am looking forward to reading about what everyone else has been up to!

7 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by emeals. Which plan did you choose? I'd like to choose clean eating but I'm afraid I'll get burnt out. :) thanks for sharing about the groupon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about everyone else's accomplishments! I will look into the emeals thing, I could use some help with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job this week!! 6 miles is a lot to get in a day!! Excellent work. Thank yo for doing this link up. It keeps me motivated and holds me accountable!! I love it! You inspire me :) Much Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand how a crazy busy week can get you off your routines. Hopefully things slow down for you and best of luck on your weekend 5K!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a little late today, but I am linked up. The day kind of got away from me! I can't wait to actually start running. I am so looking forward to it. I think we are actually going to start Couch25K next week! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really should make a Health and Fitness Saturday because I am such a blog slacker!!! Thanks for the shout out!! I love ya girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the shout out friend!!! Sorry I'm so behind on blog reading!

    ReplyDelete