Monday, April 29, 2013

Our Weekend in a Nutshell: 2 Birthdays and a Garage Sale

Hallelujah!! The garage sale is OVER!!!!

I can't tell you how happy I am to type those words!

I feel like I've spent the better part of a month getting ready for this thing and now that it's over, I can honestly say that I never want to have one again.

But don't tell Addie because she is hoping to have a garage sale every weekend so that her and Nia can set up their lemonade stand and make some bank for college.

And let me just tell you...these two made a KILLING this weekend!! People would just walk up and give them dollars because they were so cute.


We also had plenty of repeat customers, like our neighbor Sue. We are making her a punch card :-) 


We were so lucky to have such beautiful weather for our garage sale weekend. We were able to move out a lot of stuff from our house and the kids were able to enjoy the sunshine. You can't ask for a more successful sale then that. 

After we closed our doors on Saturday, it was time to head to our first of TWO birthday celebrations this weekend. The first was actually a surprise 30th birthday party for my cousin Scott. He was genuinely shocked when he came through the door!!!


But, he wasn't nearly as shocked as all of us were when we realized that Jill and Ben had flown in from Colorado to surprise everyone!!!!! Addie was so happy to see her.


And so was I :-)


We had the best time singing to this goofy fella...


And playing with the kids.




Scott's wife Liz did an amazing job coordinating everything and I am so happy we were all able to get together to celebrate :-)

On Sunday, after a little relaxing, it was off to Mima and Papa Steve's house to celebrate Aunt Dana's birthday!!! We made some big ass steaks...


Took some cute pictures...



And then ate some DE-LICIOUS cake!! Can you tell Nolan is excited for a piece?


Here's Aunt Dana with all of her babies.


After dinner {and one too many glasses of wine} everyone got a little goofy taking pictures. Nia insisted on taking individual pics of everyone so we played Glamour Shots for her. Didn't she do a great job?! Ha!


I had to include this picture because Nia Beans loves "reading" my blog and I had to show off her photography skills.

So...how was everyone else's weekend? I swear I get tired just reading my Nutshell posts. Ha! But there is no time to rest!! Lots of fun in store this week for us, including a very special meeting with my girl Heather tomorrow!! I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment