Friday, May 10, 2013

Health & Fitness Friday: ANOTHER Personal Record

It's Friday!!! Woohoo! Is it just me, or was this the longest week ever?!!


Considering how my posts have gone the last few weeks (with minimal working out and eating like crap), I am happy to report today that I am definitely getting back on track!!! I think my motivation had a lot to do with another fantastic 5K last weekend!!! 

I set yet another PR and I could not be more excited!!! 26 minutes is a time I never though I would see and the crazy thing is that I didn't end the race feeling like I was going to die. I knew I was moving fast trying to keep up with my buddy Michael, but at no point did I feel the need to slow down. I knew my pace was good by the alerts from my Nike app but when I got to the finish line and saw the time...I was SHOCKED!!! Pretty sure I screamed really loud with my headphones on.


Getting 2 PRs in 2 weeks was pretty exciting and it definitely gave me the motivation I needed to kick things into gear. This is a little run-down of the workouts I managed to make happen:

Saturday: Ran a 5K
Sunday: Cleaned the house, car and camper. I swear...this was a SERIOUS workout.
Monday: Ran 3 miles
Tuesday: Ripped in 30
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Yoga Meltdown
Friday: Planning to Run 3 miles before date night!!

Next up...lets talk HEALTH.

Isn't it amazing how different you feel when you fuel your body with the right food? We ate pretty bad camping this weekend so when I came home, I was hell bent on eating right. I ate lots of greek yogurt, fresh fruits and veggies, salads and chicken. We did have burgers for dinner last night, but I made sure to eat smarter during the day {aside from the pineapple upside down cake my grandma made for Eric's birthday}. 

Instead of breaking down our whole meal plan each week, I thought I would just start sharing one or two NEW recipes each week that we hope to try. This week, I am giving one of the meals on my Emeals menu a try {Zesty Chicken Kabobs with Creamy Cilantro Dip} and I'm also going to make Martha Stewart's Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad. This is actually something the kids will eat too. They love shredded chicken, cheese and hardboiled eggs. Addie will eat the lettuce too, but Blake is a work in progress in that department :-)

So has anyone tried a really great recipe lately? I have been all about salads for dinner lately, but I have a meat-and-potatoes husband that doesn't believe that a salad is a meal. I know he will go for the cobb because it is packed with things he likes, but what else can I do??

Well before I go today friends, I just want to say thanks to all of you that left such sweet comments about my PRs the past two weeks!! You guys are the best and I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the encouragement :-)

I hope you all have a fabulous week!!!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your PR! Running a PR is so awesome! It definitely does wonders for the mental aspect of this fantastic sport! Keep it up girl! In my absence of running this week, I actually made better food choices for us and my body thanked me for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome and inspiring! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are killing it with your runs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you! Keep up the good work and keep making new PR's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the PRs! That's great! We eat steak salads quite a bit - lettuce, steak sliced thin (I usually use sirloin tips or flank steak), red onion, blue cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc. It's delicious! We also eat a salmon salad with lettuce, grilled salmon, mandarin oranges, red onion and pistachios. Not sure if you like fish but it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your second PR! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete