Thursday, July 18, 2013

A WEEKLY Dose of Davis??

The weeks leading up to any vacation can be a little stressful, but overall that time period is full of so much excitement and anticipation. Making lists, planning activities, neatly packing your freshly folded laundry...I love the "getting ready" process.

But when you go through the "getting ready process" 3 times in 3 weeks, things aren't as neat and tidy as they were the first time around. Things start getting tossed and shoved places, it becomes difficult to determine what laundry is clean or dirty (so you just Febreeze it and consider it clean) and all those wonderful little lists you made the first time around are missing...and so are half the items you put on them.

But you try to roll with the punches and be grateful for all the family time. I mean...who needs fresh underwear? Not this girl! I was just excited to be away and enjoying 4 beautiful days in Holland, Michigan. Our vacation was just perfect...the weather, the scenery, everything. Eric and the kids and I had an absolute BLAST and I can't wait to share all the wonderful pictures from the trip (here is a look at one of my favorites to hold you over).



But now that we are home, reality has set in. 3 weeks worth of laundry (including all the linens from our camper) piled in the dining room. Souvenirs (including various rocks and shells picked up on the beach and campground) scattered all over the kids bedrooms. A million emails waiting in my inbox. A messy/dusty house that needs some freshening up. In a nutshell...its complete disorganization around here. And don't even get me started on how jacked up the kids sleep schedules are.

So for the last 3 days since we returned home, I have been working my butt off to get things back in working order. I am one load away from being done with all the laundry, our camper is clean and back to it's cozy little storage unit, the kids are slowly getting back on track with their sleeping and I am about half way through my emails and shop business. 

And that, my friends, is why there is has simply been NO TIME LEFT for blogging. In fact, it seems this whole summer has left little time for blogging, which is why I was contemplating changing my blog name to A WEEKLY Dose of Davis. Ha! 

But I know my Aunt Lori is dying to see pictures of the kids and I'm excited to share all the details of our trip to Holland, so I promise to be around more often now that things are settling down a bit. Also, I have a HUGE debut coming up in the next week. Remember those planner pages I have been promising since JANUARY?!!! Well...they are almost done!!! I will launch it first as an academic calendar (August 2013 - July 2014) and then again as a standard calendar (January 2014 - December 2014). I'm so excited to give you all a sneak peek!!!

But in the meantime, be sure to stop by tomorrow for Health & Fitness Friday!!! Its a Pinterest Day so be sure to share all of your favorite workouts, recipes and motivation!

Until then, friends!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you have alot of work left to do, but you are slowly finishing it all. make sure you give yourself time to have a break!

    marie (listening rather then speaking)
    ps. would love to have your button on my side bar. contact if interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Lori: You better keep it up. That's all I have to keep up to date. Love you all to pieces.

    ReplyDelete