Friday, July 12, 2013

Health & Fitness Friday: Mid-July Goals and Reaching the Half Century Club

Happy Friday Peeps! It's good to be back!


I first want to apologize for not having Health & Fitness Friday up last week. I was working on the post very late, thought I saved and scheduled it properly, but turns out...I didn't. I was going to post on Sunday, but thought I would just wait and update the post for today!!

This post was originally titled, "Health & Fitness Friday: July Goals", but since it is almost the MIDDLE OF THE MONTH already...I thought I better re-title it :-)

But before I jump into July, I really want to do a quick recap of my June. FITNESS wise, June ROCKED!!! I got in all my yoga, I signed up for a race (two, actually) and...

I HIT 50 MILES FOR THE MONTH!!!


WOOHOO!! Let me tell ya...it was a close one my friends. I had to run 5 miles on the very last day at the campground because I was determined to finally make the Half Century Club. And I did...and it felt so so good :-) And a BIG shout out to my girl Hannah for KILLING the Century Club and knocking out 129 miles in June. Ah-freaking-mazing.

My mission was very clear in June.

Run. Rest. Repeat.


My mission for July looks more like this...


It's July 11th and I only have in 2 runs.

TWO RUNS!!! 6 miles. That's it.

The sad thing is...I really don't feel that bad about it. I think after working so hard to get to 50 in June and knowing that half marathon training starts next week...I needed a little break to recharge my batteries. But now it's time to get back at it!!!

After vacation of course. Ha!

But here are my 3 Mid-July goals:

1. Do yoga 3 times a week.
2. Get back into a better eating habit and get rid of the food baby I'm carrying around.
3. Start Half Marathon training strong.

Now, this should be the point where I talk about HEALTH this week but if you saw what I ate and drank while camping the last two weeks...you would never come back to my link-up again. Ever.

It's disgusting. And I've gained 5 pounds. No joke.

So next week, I am going to give you all (and myself) a big dose of Pinterest inspiration again with some new healthy recipes I want to try, some fun new at home workouts and some inspirational quotes that I can plaster on my fridge. I would love for all of you to share some of your Health & Fitness finds on Pinterest next week too!!

But until then...have a GREAT weekend everyone!!

6 comments:

  1. Damn girl! You killed it in June. I'm still trying to decide if I will tackle a half. I need to start running again first. I got 2 miles in yesterday but that was on the dreadmill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!!! Don't worry about the food and beverage while camping...I think that is sort of the point of camping! You are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had the same kind of couple weeks. We had a weekend away with friends and my husband works crazy hours in the summer so we eat easy and that is not always healthy. I need to get back with the program too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAY TO GO!! You set out and did it! That is so awesome. I'm going to do another half in October. WHen is yours? I'm exited about your pins for next week. I've been getting back into my PIN addiction. :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic job on reaching you goal. Must feel great. I'm so glad that you post failed last week. Ha! It would have been two bad weeks for me if it hadn't. I'm on board for some pinspiration next week. See you then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it,
    you could be a great author. I will always bookmark your blog and
    will often come back at some point. I want to encourage continue your great work,online chat rooms have a nice holiday weekend!
    I enjoy studying your publish. It is each useful and interesting to me. I will come back again once again to see your new posts
    PAkistani chat rooms online pakistani girls and boys ,indain girls and boys,us girls and boys and Uk girls and boys chat room

    ReplyDelete