Friday, August 2, 2013

Health & Fitness Friday: Operation L.G.N.

Guess what time it is?!!!


Can you even believe it's AUGUST already? I know we all say this every year...but where did summer go? One minute I'm dreaming of sunshine and the beach and the next minute I'm buying school supplies.Why doesn't winter move as quickly?

No matter how hard any of us try to resist it, school is just around the corner which means that LOTS of changes need to start changing around here. My big goal for this week was to become a morning person and wake up with an alarm every day and that was, once again, an epic FAIL!! Ugh!! Why am I only productive at night? I was never like this before kids. I was always in bed early reading, watching the news, and it was lights out by 9:30 or 10:00. And now...my mom and I are still up texting at quarter to midnight. Is this what happens when you get old??

So once again, I am going to try to get in an early morning groove this week. It takes your body at least two weeks to start adjusting to a habit and almost a month to make it stick. Addie starts Kindergarten in less than 3 WEEKS which means I have to get on this.

Tomorrow.

Speaking of habits...let's talk about FITNESS habits.


Last year at this time, I was trying really hard to get into a habit of working out. Being consistent with running and cross training was something I was NEVER good at. And I can't say I'm awesome at it now...I still have my off weeks...but overall, I have made a conscious effort to workout for an ENTIRE YEAR!!! I can't even begin to express how huge that is for me. And even though I yo-yo with my weight a bit, I've been in the same size pants for almost 3 years now {ever since I started the Couch25K} and that is even MORE amazing to me!!!! But I couldn't have made it this long without the amazing support and motivation from my running buddies, workout buddies, yoga buddies and L.G.N. buddies.

As I said last week, my little Facebook fitness group, Operation L.G.N., is turning a year old this Sunday. It all started with a 30-day challenge and I thought what better way to celebrate than with ANOTHER 30 DAY CHALLENGE!!!


The rules are still the same...do some sort of exercise every day for 30 days. In this challenge, a simple walk around the block or a few sit-ups before bed counts. The point is just to be active every day and make an effort to get healthy. The goal is that by the end of 30 days, we will all be in such a great habit...we will want to continue for the next 30 days, and the next 30 days, and so on...

So, my friends, who wants in on this 30 day challenge too??!!!! If you leave me your email, I will be glad to add you to our Facebook group. Otherwise, just leave a comment on Health & Fitness Friday each week for your check-in. Better yet...blog about your progress and link-up! There is nothing more motivating than a challenge you do with friends so find a buddy and commit together. WE CAN DO THIS!!! Find your motivation...even if it's T-Rex :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment