Friday, September 13, 2013

Health & Fitness Friday: Healthy Snacks for Football Sundays and My New Fall Routine

It's my favorite day of the week!


Fall is ALMOST here guys!! Can't you feel it in the air today? I CAN'T WAIT for Eric to get home from work so I can go outside for my first run in almost 3 weeks. I just downloaded some new tunes on my playlist too so I am R.E.A.D.Y.!!

EAT

Raise your hand if you could skip a sit down meal every day and just SNACK!! I am such a grazer, which is probably another reason I love football season. Sundays are all about snacking around here and I realize that when I don't plan those snacks out...things get BAD! Like...me-polishing-off-an-entire-bag-of-chips bad. 

So last year, I pinned several great {healthy} football worthy snacks that I found on one of my FAVORITE food blogs, SkinnyTaste.

I've made several of her snack recipes, but the Skinny Loaded Nachos are my favorite by far. She uses ground turkey, but I still can't go there. I need beef or chicken. And the chicken is actually SUPER easy to do if you put it in your crockpot with nothing more than the seasoning and a jar of salsa or can of Rotel. Trust me...my nachos never look this pretty...


But I promise they tasted just as good.

Do any of you have other great healthy snack recipes for football Sunday? I'd love for you to share so I can add them to the list. And here are 20 more to add to yours, compliments of the Skinny Taste Superbowl Round-up.

DO

I am SO FREAKING EXCITED about my new Fall workout schedule. I've been missing my yoga class so much lately and I was so sad to find out that my favorite teacher was not offering convenient times for me this school year. I figured I would just wait until the winter to see if something else opened up, but then my friend Barb reminded me of a studio we went to once that is also very close to my house. And the best part..they had a Groupon this week for Yoga!!!!!  WOOHOO! I am going to try and make my first class next week and I can't wait.

I am also excited to have the opportunity to run two mornings a week while the kiddies are at school. My stress and anxiety got the best of me the last two weeks but now that both kids are adjusting well to school and I can put some of that worry aside, I want to start making the best of my two mornings a week. I don't want them to be all about running errands and cleaning my house, since those are things I can still do with the kiddos. What I really want to do is make those two mornings about ME! Or at least one of them. I want to go to a yoga class, go for a run, get a pedicure, sit in Barnes and Noble and read a book...whatever. I know I won't always make that time for myself because let's be honest...cleaning the house alone can be fun too :-) But the point is that all I do is talk about how I don't have any time to myself so now that I DO...I want to take advantage of it :-)

THINK

This week I downloaded a new book that I have been hearing a lot about, called Mom Energy.

Mom Energy: A Simple Plan to Live Fully Charged

In a nutshell, this book was written to help moms who want to do it all, but end up sacrificing their health to make it all happen. DING DING DING!! It's what I have been saying on this link-up for months. In order for me to get everything I want done each day, I end up sacrificing my sleep, my exercise and even my eating habits. It all goes out the window when I am feeling stressed or overwhelmed. This book is supposed to teach us to "reorganize, rehab & recharge" and I think that is exactly what I need :-) I will definitely report back when I am finished.

Well guys...that's all I have for today!! I hope you have a FABULOUS weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. My favorite Skinnytaste snack recipe is the Buffolo Chicken Dip served with celery. My husband can eat the whole thing in one sitting it is so good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I am gratified that you have shared this important news with me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check out the book. Looks interesting!
    I am so excited for Fall too!!! For some reason, Oct.1 is my start date. I love the season more than any other season...but September is too early for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those nachos look delicious!

    Lauren,
    http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Health and fitness Friday nice title! Health is best if it is maintained time to time. Marinating means screened your health time to time. Health food and regular workout are the some tips of being healthy. Save some time for your workout, it will give you health and wealth life.

    ReplyDelete