Friday, October 11, 2013

Health & Fitness Friday: Movin' On Up

When I started Health & Fitness Friday last year, I was at a place in my fitness journey where I needed support and accountability. I was in the middle of training for my second half marathon and wanted to do everything I could to be ready for that race. I was cross training, eating right and making fitness a real priority for the first time in my life. 

And it felt SO GOOD to have a group of women to share the experience with. Those who were (and still are) a part of this link-up gave me so much encouragement and support when I needed it most. And I had such a passion for talking about fitness. I loved encouraging others to start running and exercising and I made so many great new friends in the process.

Health & Fitness is still incredibly important to me and as I embark on this huge gluten-free lifestyle change after my biopsy the end of this month, I am going to need more support than ever from my friends. 

But life is a little different this year and the time that I used to be able to invest in our weekly link-up has been replaced with an incredibly successful business. Obviously, I couldn't be more happy about this but it does make me sad that I can't find the time to do everything and be everything I want to be. If only there were a few more hours in the day :-)

It's no secret that my poor blog and this link-up has taken a backseat to other responsibilities in my life and even though I tried my HARDEST to makeover Health & Fitness Friday these last few weeks...it's just not working. And I can tell by the lack of link-ups and comments that it's not working for anyone else either :-) 

But I know what you are all going to say and I hear you...no one wants to say goodbye to Health & Fitness Friday completely and neither do I!!! I mean...where will I go to post when I do get back into my fitness groove? Who will I link up with after I run my next race in November? SOMEONE needs to host this link-up and if it can't be me...I know the perfect person to take over the show.

Hannah Hurley from Hurley Love
{a.k.a. Running Goddess}

Hannah and I became great friends and fitness buddies through this link-up and when I started thinking about who I could pass the H&FF torch too...she came to mind right away. She has been such an inspiration to me over the last year and I know she is an inspiration to so many others. She is a running, clean-eating, meal-planning, God-loving SUPER momma that has more energy than I can ever dream of having. She is dedicated and hard working and I know she is the PERFECT person to get this link-up back on it's feet and hotter than ever!! 

I do hope to contribute to the link-up when I can and be a part of the group as often as possible. But for right now, I can't dedicate the time that this link-up deserves. And that is why I am happily passing the reigns to Hannah. I am so excited to see what she will do with things and I can't wait to be a part of it all. 

So friends...welcome to the NEW Health & Fitness Friday. We're movin on up!



Hannah will be taking over next week so be sure to stop by her blog and follow along!! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Your site contains much other information that gives more knowledge and many more ideas about the topics you have given in your site.

    ReplyDelete