Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Davis Family Progress Report

Blake Davis


It's hard to believe, but Blake is almost done with his third month of K3 preschool!!! He just got his progress report and aside from his cutting skills (damn those zig-zag lines), he is doing GREAT!! It actually brings tears to my eyes every day that I drop him off or pick him up. I dreaded his first day of preschool for MONTHS and worried that my little Stage 5 Clinger wouldn't have as much fun in school as his sister does. But let me tell you friends...this kid LOVES playing with his buddies, singing about Jesus and having "snack time." One of the comments his teacher wrote on his progress report is that he loves socializing with his friends. WHAAAAT?? I mean...who is this kid? First he's rocking preschool, and now he's tearing up the ice at his first skating lesson?? I just couldn't be more proud of him.



You want to know what else is crazy? My BABY is going to be celebrating his 4th birthday next month!! And last week we settled on a Transformers Rescue Bots theme. It was a very big decision :)


He is also VERY excited to visit Santa this month and tell him exactly what he wants for Christmas (his list has grown to about 4 pages now). What can I say...Blake loves Christmas just as much as I do :-)

Addison Davis


This little Kindergartner got the BEST progress report from her teacher this month. Although my girl is a bit of a talker & daydreamer (I have no idea where she gets it...ha!) her teacher had nothing but wonderful things to say about her. She also said that Addie is excelling at reading so far and Eric and I can see that at home. She is a natural...and it's been so fun working with her and watching her get excited about learning. I just can't believe how much she has grown up in the last few months. She is SO into fashion lately and has been wanting to pick out and accessorize all of her outfits (notice the scarf in this one). 


And...she's also developed quite a Starbucks habit.


That is a TALL hot chocolate she is pounding. No more kiddie size for this girl! She is all grown up :(

Jen Davis

Photo: Only one more Pom practice untill game day!!!!! Helping coordinate this alumni game has been exhausting on so many levels, but now that the big day is almost here, I couldn't be more excited to be a part of it :) Arrowettes forever!!

This semester, I have totally and completely bitten off more than I can chew. I am stressed to the MAX most days trying to keep up with the kiddos, the house, teaching, the shop, etc. and on top of that, the high school alumni football game I have been helping coordinate for the last 9 months is FINALLY happening next week!! I have had Pom practice every sunday for the last month and even though all of us are well into our 30s and 40s...we can still bust out school song like it is 1998. Holla!!!

I have really had so much fun connecting with all my old friends and I know this game is going to be BLAST!!! Sure it's going to be fun living out our glory days and taking bets over how many injuries happen on the football field where 30, 40 and 50 year old guys are playing in full pads. OUCH! But this game is also doing a lot of good for our community. This past weekend, several of the towns in our county were hit by a tornado. Friends and family lost homes, churches, etc. and we are setting up a huge donation station at our game to help aid the victims. That storm was just too close to home for me.

So...in addition to shaking my booty at pom practice, I've also been trying to get my groove back with running and working out. My Dad and buddy Tom and I all did the Hot Chocolate 5K again this year and had an awesome time.



Maybe a little too awesome...HA!


 All of us will also be running the Ditka Dash next weekend at Soilder Field. My BF Tara is  also driving up for the race and Eric will be running his FIRST 5K WITH ME!!! Woohoo!! He even bought new running shoes this week. I asked him if this meant that he was going to take up running with me and join in on Operation L.G.N. and is answer was Hell-to-the-no. Whatever. His loss. He is going to miss out on our latest challenge then...


My fellow LGNers and I started this little challenge last week and it's been going well!! It feels nice to get back into a workout routine again.

Eric Davis


I am proud to say that Eric received a pretty good progress report this month too :-) He's been working like a dog, as usual, but told me this week that he will get some time off over the holidays, which will be WONDERFUL!! I love when we can all be home together. I am excited for the two of us to run our first 5K together, but I think Eric is more excited to be dressed like Ditka running around Soldier field. Ha! Da Bears!

And this concludes the Davis Family Progress Report!! Everyone is super busy, but doing super awesome :) It's been a wonderful school year so far, but we are ALL looking forward to Turkey Break next week and spending some time with our families :)

No comments:

Post a Comment